Bulk sales affidavit is very similar to the bill of sale form and they serve the same key purpose but still there is some difference in there. A bill of sale form is used for selling and buying common items i.e. vehicles, property, merchandizes and other items but the bulk sale affidavit is strictly used for selling the business with all assets and transferring the ownership to the new buyer. This way we can say that when a company owner sells the company to another person with all the assets including equipment, machinery, furniture, building, plants, suppliers, clients and customers, they need to sign this bulk sale affidavit as the legal proof of transfer of ownership to the new owner.
Importance of the bulk sales affidavit:
You can understand the importance of a bulk sale affidavit by supposing that you want to sell your car and it’s very easy to sell it to anyone who is willing to buy it and in order to transfer the ownership; you just need to sign the bill of sale form. But unlike a vehicle, a company is more complicated as there are different types of assets included in the company. This is where a bulk sale affidavit comes handy as it indicates towards the fact that the company with all its assets is sold to a new buyer and he is the new owner of the company with all legal rights.
This includes the machinery that is running in the company, office equipment, furniture, building and anything from employees to internal and external customers and suppliers. This affidavit also indicates that from the date when the ownership is transferred, the new owner will be held responsible for all deals, orders and other stuff related to the company. While talking about this affidavit, we can also discuss another important aspect which is the obligation or right of the buyer to resell the assets to another person with or without noticing the first owner.
Some useful tips for writing a bulk sales affidavit:
The important thing about the bulk sale affidavit is to indicate the seller and the buyer. This is why it is really crucial that while writing this affidavit, you mention the both parties very clearly in the document. You need to provide or include a detailed list of all assets that are being transferred to the new owner with the business. This way the seller and buyer can mutually agree on the assets that are being transferred with the affidavit.
Another tip for writing this affidavit is that this document is very important and has legal value so lawyers and witnesses are must to the presented during the deal is signed by seller and buyer. Witnesses are required not only to be presented at the time of deal but they are also required to sign the affidavit as legal witnesses for their testimony in legal situations. The witnesses are also required to provide their contact details so that they can be contacted in case of any dispute or legal presentation of the affidavit in the court.
Here is preview of a free fillable Bulk Sales Affidavit Form that can easily be used in any situation,
Note: The green buttons at the header will not appear in print. They are placed just to help you clear, store or retrieve stored data quickly.
Here is download link for this Bulk Sales Affidavit Form,
Download Bulk Sales Affidavit Form
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Affidavit Form for Mailing of Notice of Annual Meeting When there is an annual shareholder meeting coming up in an organization, a specific employee also known as the secretary is asked to send the formal invitations of the meeting to all the shareholders in the company so that they can attend the meeting. When the secretary sends the […]
- Affidavit of Validity of Power of Attorney An affidavit is a sworn statement of a person who is taking a legal step and he has to make sign this statement by taking the oath or by affirmation (i.e. presenting in front of the notary public department). When we talk about the affidavit of validity of the power of attorney, it’s a […]
- Affidavit Form for Publication of Certificate Fictitious or Assumed Name When a person or number of partners wants to start a new business under assumed or fictitious name, they are required to register the company in the local or federal trading department depending on the rules and regulations of each state and country. When the department accepts the […]
- Bill of Sale Form Bill of sale is also referred to the official and legal form or letter of purchase and sale of an item. This can be anything from a vehicle or a company or shares in the stock exchange. When a person sells something to a buyer, they both sign this bill of sale form in order to make the […]
- Bulk Sales Notice When a company sales it’s assets i.e. equipment, machinery, building, trademark and other elements to a new owner, it is very important for both parties to announce the deal in the market so that if anyone has a problem with it, they can contact the authorities in time and dispute the […]
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Stock Transfer Form If you own some stocks in a company or corporation and want to sale them to someone else, you can do that by transferring the ownership rights of the stocks to the buyer. This is done by signing the stock transfer form that includes the name of the seller and buyer along with other […]
- Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order A letter, application, formal request or a form that is sent to a supplier or vendor in order to confirm an order that was placed verbally by two individuals before is known as the confirmation letter of verbal order. This letter is sent by the person or the company that placed the order […]
- Business Sale Certificate (Under an Assumed Name) When a business doesn’t include the names of the owners or partners in the title, the business is considered as fictitious or a company with assumed name. It is really important and mandatory for the owners or partners to register the company with the trading department along with […]
- Release and Waiver of Option Rights Affidavit A legal document that indicates towards the real or in fact owner of shares and stock options is known as the option rights affidavit. It is possible that even if you own the share and stock options, the legal rights of selling and trading of these options are owned by another person who […]