When you use a credit card, each and every transaction and activity on your credit card is recorded in the credit report and it’s kept in the permanent record. This report includes the amount of credit that you have, the amount of credit that you usually use, the amount of credit that is available in your account all the time, your habits of paying credit payments and the debts or loans that you have acquired on your name either for you or someone else i.e. your spouse.
Introduction to the Request Letter for Credit Report:
There are many companies that gather the credit details of users and keep it for further use. Usually when you want to evaluate your credit history or important elements of your credit card history, you need to request to one of these credit reporting companies and ask them to issue your credit report. With this report, you can see if there is any mistake in your credit card or an error either made by you or the credit card company. Other companies also use your credit reports for evaluating if you qualify for a loan or mortgage or not.
Key Elements to include in the Request Letter for Credit Report:
- Name of the person who is requesting the credit information with complete address
- Name of the company who is requesting the credit information
- Name of the credit card or credit account holder with complete address
- Date when the request is being made
- Details of the credit card or credit account i.e. type, amount of credit, opening dates etc.
- Reasons for requesting the credit information regarding an individual or a corporation
- Precise statement that anything other than the requested elements will be appreciated greatly by the requester
- Duration in which the credit information is required by the requester
- Signature of the person who is requesting the credit information
What is included in a Credit Report?
- Identification details:
This is the part of the credit report that includes your personal and contact information. This includes you full name, your current and previous address, your date of birth, your residence, names of your employers, your marital status and details of your kids.
- Details of credit inquiries:
When you apply for a second loan, second mortgage or second credit card, the loan or credit provider conducts an inquiry about your previous records and this is known as credit inquiry on your credit history. This credit inquiry is recorded permanently in your credit history and it’s included in your credit report.
- Public records:
All the public records related to you that are obtained from the government departments and courts are included in your credit report. This includes the tickets you get on your vehicle, your child support funds and bankruptcy.
- Credit history:
This is the most important and biggest part of your credit report. It includes the date when you got your credit card, the amount of your credit card, other credit cards on your name i.e. for your spouse and each and every transaction or activity that is made on your credit card i.e. purchases and shopping details etc.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Request Letter for Credit Report created as Fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Request Letter for Credit Report,