When you don’t include your real name in the title of the company that you own and run, the company will be known as a corporation under fictitious or assumed name and in order to conduct business in the market, you need to register the assumed name in the commonwealth or notary department and ask for their permission to do business under fictitious name. The permission letter is known as the assumed name certificate.
Introduction to the Renewal of Fictitious or Assumed Name Certificate:
When you register a fictitious or assumed name in the notary department, you are required to submit specific documents with the application along with registration fees and charges to register the assumed name for your company. The fees that you pay makes the certificate valid for a limited period of time i.e. 6 months or 1 year and once the certificate expire and you still want to run the company under the same assumed name, you need to renew the agreement and ask for renewal of the fictitious or assumed name certificate for your company.
Brief Description of the Renewal of Fictitious or Assumed Name Certificate:
In most countries and states, when you apply to register for a fictitious or assumed name for your corporation, you are provided with a permission letter or certificate that allows you to run your company under assumed name. But, this certificate has a specific validity after which it expires. Usually it’s 6 months to 1 year but you can also register the assumed name for up to 5 years with additional charges and fees. Most corporation owners don’t want to continue using fictitious name for more than 1 year so they prefer using the limited validation certificate and when the certificate expires, if they still want to continue using the assumed name, they can apply for the renewal of the certificate. The process of renewing the assumed name certificate is almost the same as registering a fictitious name for the first time but additionally it includes the reasons of renewing the certificate and continue using the fictitious name for your corporation and you are also required to provide the articles of corporation same as before with the renewal application.
Key Elements to include in the Renewal of Fictitious or Assumed Name Certificate:
- Name of the corporation with complete address and contact numbers
- Name(s) of the owners or partners in the corporation
- Specific assumed name that you previously registered with the department
- Formal statement to renew the assumed name certificate for another 6 months or 1 year
- Articles of corporation
- Details of the business that your company conducts
- Reasons to use assumed name for your company
- Reference number to the registration of the company in the commonwealth department
- Date when the certificate expired or will expire
- Date when you are sending the application
- Reference number to the bank voucher number of the fees of the renewal of the assumed name
- Signature of owners or partners of the corporation
Here is preview of a Free Sample Fictitious or Assumed Name Renewal Certificate Template created as fill-able PDF format,
Here is download link for this Fictitious or Assumed Name Renewal Certificate Template,