A contract is a written and signed agreement between two parties or companies in order to make sure that both the parties stick to the agreed plans and fulfill the requirements and expectations of the other party. The key purpose of signing a contract is to make sure that no party faces a surprise situation and both parties do what the other expects them to do. Even if it’s the key purpose of the contract, there is always a chance that at least one party will somehow violate the contract either intentionally or by mistake. For this situation, breaches of contract clauses are added in the original contract. These clauses allow the parties to take essential steps if the other party breaches the contract. If you find out that the other party has breached the contract, before hiring any legal help or filing a case in the court, you should at least give that party a last or final chance to explain their situation and this is done by sending the breach of contract notice.
Brief description of the Breach of Contract Notice:
When you sign a contract or legal agreement with another company or individual, you should keep in mind that it doesn’t matter how willing are you to respect the contract, there are always good chances that the other party will screw up i.e. will breach the contract. If this happens, that will be a difficult situation for you in which you want to take legal action against the other party by filing a case in the court but before you do that, keep in mind that this can take a lot of time from weeks to months before reaching any resolution so another more effective step to take is to inform the other party about their action or mistake and ask them to contact you in the given time period so that you can discuss about the breach of the contract and see if you can resolve this outside the court or not.
Key elements to include in the Breach of Contract Notice:
- Name of the person who is sending the notice with complete address
- Name of the person who will receive the notice i.e. violator of the contract with address
- Date when the notice is being signed and sent to the mail
- Reference to the contract signed by the both parties
- Specific clauses or terms of the contract that has been breached by the other party
- Particulars of the breach of the contract )i.e. the person who breached the contract, date when the contract was breached etc)
- Duration or time frame in which the receiving party is asked to contact the sender in order to resolve this matter
- Legal steps that will be taken after the receiving party doesn’t contact the sender
- Local laws that will be implemented on the receiving party for breaching the contract
- Signature of the sender of the notice with date
Here is preview of a Free Sample Breach of Contract Notice Sample created as fillable PDF form,
Here is download link for this Breach of Contract Notice Sample,