Stock Transfer Form
If you own some stocks in a company or corporation and want to sale them to someone else, you can do that by transferring the ownership rights of the stocks to the buyer. This is done by signing the stock transfer form that includes the name of the seller and buyer along with other important elements.
Check list to complete the Stock Transfer Form:
- The amount of consideration money is mentioned in the form (only if applicable)
- Correct number of stocks is entered in the form along with mentioning their specific class
- Both parties have signed the form including the seller, buyer and witnesses
- The names of the sellers and buyers are mentioned correctly in the form along with their complete address and contact numbers
- The dates are verified and correct
- A third party name and address is included in the form to which you will send the stock certificate as the previous owner
Key elements to include in the Stock Transfer Form:
Usually the elements of a stock transfer form depends on each country, state and type of company that actually owns the stocks but usually this transfer form includes the following key elements that are really crucial to include in the stock transfer form. Although if you don’t include these elements in the transfer form, it will still be legal and legit but it’s possible that if you don’t agree on terms and conditions and add specific clauses in the transfer form, there will be some disputes or issues between the buyer and seller in future.
- Names of the buyer and seller:
This is the most important element of stock transfer form and you need to clearly mention the names of the seller and buyer of the stock in appropriate boxes on the form.
- Details of the stock:
This includes the type of stock, class of stock, total amount of stocks and the company in which the stocks exist. You can also include the maturity time, expiration and resale of the stocks if you require.
- Date when the transfer of the stock is made:
You need to clearly mention the date on which you are signing this transfer form and giving the rights and ownership of your stocks to the buyer.
- Mutually agreed rate per stock:
Clearly mention the rate of each stock that the buyer is agreed to pay you along with the lump sum amount of payment for the stocks that you are transferring to him. If you want, you can also include the clause about the payment schedule that you both agreed to i.e. full payment within 6 months or installments before 5th of each month etc.
- Resale of the stocks to another person:
If it doesn’t matter to you that the buyer resale the stocks to anyone he wants, there is no need to add this clause in the form but if you want the buyer to resale the stocks to only specific type of buyers, you need to add this term in the transfer form.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Stock Transfer Form created as fillable PDF form,
Here is download link for this Stock Transfer Form,
Download Stock Transfer Form
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Bill of Sale Form Bill of sale is also referred to the official and legal form or letter of purchase and sale of an item. This can be anything from a vehicle or a company or shares in the stock exchange. When a person sells something to a buyer, they both sign this bill of sale form in order to make the […]
- Bulk Sales Affidavit Form Bulk sales affidavit is very similar to the bill of sale form and they serve the same key purpose but still there is some difference in there. A bill of sale form is used for selling and buying common items i.e. vehicles, property, merchandizes and other items but the bulk sale affidavit […]
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Business Sale Certificate (Under an Assumed Name) When a business doesn’t include the names of the owners or partners in the title, the business is considered as fictitious or a company with assumed name. It is really important and mandatory for the owners or partners to register the company with the trading department along with […]
- Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order A letter, application, formal request or a form that is sent to a supplier or vendor in order to confirm an order that was placed verbally by two individuals before is known as the confirmation letter of verbal order. This letter is sent by the person or the company that placed the order […]
- Affidavit Form for Mailing of Notice of Annual Meeting When there is an annual shareholder meeting coming up in an organization, a specific employee also known as the secretary is asked to send the formal invitations of the meeting to all the shareholders in the company so that they can attend the meeting. When the secretary sends the […]
- Open Listing Realty Agreement When an owner of a real estate property wants to sell it, he invites multiple realtors to find potential buyers and along with that, the owner also meets with buyers and shows them the property. In this situation, the owner isn’t required to pay to any realtor unless one brings a buyer […]
- Promissory Note Template A Promissory Note is a written and sworn statement by the debtor or borrower stating that he in fact borrowed money from the mentioned creditor on the mentioned date and he is legally obligated to repay his debt by signing this note. Some people assume that a promissory note and a loan […]
- Guaranty Note When a person lends money from another person or a firm i.e. bank or Loan Company, he is required to provide some kind of guaranty to ensure the creditor that he will pay back the debt according to the payment schedule. For this purpose, usually a third person or party is involved in the […]
- Notice to Purchaser for Breach of Option An option is kind of a contract that is written for trading of shares and stocks in business world and stock exchanges. When a person sells or buys shares and stocks, he signs this option and agrees to keep, sale or resale the stocks according to the consent and authority of the previous […]