Sample Sight Draft
A sight draft is kind of a contract or agreement similar to time note or promissory demand notice but this draft is mainly used in import and export trading. You can also say that a sight draft is a promissory demand note in which a person agrees to pay to another person i.e. creditor when he demands for it or when the note expires or reaches the deadline. The sight draft allows an exporter to delay the shipment of an order until the importer deposits the payment to the exporter. Just like a demand promissory note, the importer signs the sight draft and agrees that whenever the exporter demands, the importer will make the deposit of the full payment either before the order is delivered or after the importer receives the delivery.
Brief description of the Sight Draft:
When an individual or a company gets loan from a bank, the debtor signs a legal contract with the bank known as the loan agreement. This agreement allows the debtor to arrange for the repayment of the loan until the deadline arrives where this document also benefits the bank as insurance of the repayment of the loan. In other situations, when there is no bank or loan firm is involved and individuals involve in a loan deal by them, they don’t need to sign a loan agreement but they can also use a promissory note. It depends on each deal and individuals if they want to use a promissory note or a demand promissory note. A sight draft also works like a promissory or demand promissory note. This means that when an importer and exporter sign a sight draft to legalize and insure a deal, they agree on specific terms and conditions of the payment included in the draft.
There are many benefits of using sight draft and both the importer and exporter can benefit from this draft. For example, by using the draft, the exporter can delay or stop the shipment and make sure that first the importer makes the deposit for the order and then the exporter delivers the shipment. This way we can say that a sight draft works just like a promissory or demand promissory note in which the importer is legally obligated to make the payment for the order whenever the exporter demands for it. On the other hand, this document also allows the exporter to check for any errors mistakes in the documents i.e. difference in items of the shipment or their prices before the order is shipped to the importer.
Key elements to include in the Sight Draft:
- Name of the importer with company name and complete address
- Name of the exporter with company name and complete address
- Details of the agreement of import/export signed between two parties
- Details of the shipment that are required to be made by the exporter
- Payment details along with dates and periodic installments
- Deadline for the importer to make the payment for the import
- Terms and conditions of the sight draft
- Validation, expiration and termination of the sight draft
- Signature of both parties
Here is preview of a Free Sample Sample Sight Draft created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Sample Sight Draft,
Download Sample Sight Draft
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Sample Surety Bond A surety bond is kind of an insurance or guaranty agreement that includes three parties or individuals. The first party is the debtor or the person who owes money or services to another party. The second party is the principal which can be an individual or a company which is secured with […]
- Pledge of Personal Property Contract Template If you want to get loan from a bank or a loan firm, you need to provide some kind of security to the creditor as insurance for the safe and full return of the debt. You can either introduce a third party as guarantor for the return of the loan or you can give certain rights of your […]
- Sample Receipt in Full by an Agent When a person or a company hires a third person to receive or recover cash from the clients or a debtor, this person is known as an agent. This agent represents the company and has all the rights to meet with the debtors or clients and ask them for the money they owe to the company. He […]
- Mortgage Deed Form A deed is a legal document that is signed between a creditor and debtor as insurance or guaranty for the safe and secure return of the loan. On the other hand, a deed in real estate property is a document that indicates towards the actual owner of the property or the new buyer in case of […]
- Debt Re-affirmation Agreement Sample In case you have financial problems or you just want to have a new start, you declare bankruptcy and by declaring that, you free yourself from all the debts and loan payments because with bankruptcy, the court orders your creditors that you can’t pay your debt and they have to consider […]
- Pledge Contract Template for Share of Stock A pledge which is also known as bailment is a process in which a debtor puts his property with the creditor as insurance or guaranty for the return of the payment. The pledge usually includes real estate property and if the debtor can’t repay his debt, the creditor has the right to […]
- Option to Purchase Contract When a person wants to buy options from another person, from a broker or directly from the corporation, he is required to demand the agreement signed by the seller in order to authenticate the trade and to make sure that he in fact owns the rights on the options.
Key Purposes of using […]
- Withdrawal Certificate of Partner from Business When a partner wants to retire from a business or wants to leave a company or if the other partners decide to let a partner go due to his liabilities, the certificate of withdrawal of partner from business is send to the local trading department in which every business and company is […]
- Sample Notice to Redirect Payments There are some situations in which a company changes its payment procedures and it can’t receive the payments as before and the clients are required to adopt the changes and send their payments to somewhere else. This process is known as redirecting the payments.
Introduction to the […]
- Purchase Requirement Agreement When two parties i.e. buyer and vendor/supplier agrees that the buyer will buy as many units as the supplier can supply, they need to enter in a professional and legal contract. This contract keeps the buyer from buying the stuff from any other supplier and it also forces the supplier to […]