Receipt of Note for Collection – Promissory Note Template
A note is kind of an affidavit or written and signed acknowledgment of the fact that the signer owes money to the mentioned creditor in the note and he agrees to pay back his loan on request or demand from the creditor. A note or commonly known as a promissory or demand note serves the same purpose as loan agreement but it’s less formal and people use promissory notes only for personal purposes. For example, a friend lends money to another friend and due to their personal relationship, they don’t need to go through the trouble of signing a loan agreement but they can also use the promissory note.
Introduction to the Receipt of Note for Collection:
We have described above that a note is kind of a loan agreement as it serves the same purpose but has less legal value and formality. This way when a company lends money to another company or a partner in a corporation lends money to another partner, they don’t sign the loan agreement. Instead, they sign the promissory note in which the borrower acknowledges that he has in fact borrowed money from the creditor and he agrees to pay back the debt on demand from the creditor. Once this note is signed by the debtor, he sends it to the creditor for his collection and either he goes in person to submit the note or sends someone else to submit the note on his behalf.
In either case, once the creditor receives the note either by him or someone else receives the note on his behalf, they are required to issue a receipt to the debtor in order to verify and acknowledge that they have received and collected the promissory note. This receipt then provides legal help to the creditor and debtor in case of any dispute in future. There are many methods or ways to issue the receipt for note for collection. For example, the receiver can issue a computer generated receipt with the particulars or he can prepare the receipt by hand by filling the particulars on the form. Usually companies don’t issue computerized receipts for collection notes but create the receipt on the official letterhead of the company. In either case, this receipt can be entered in the official record of the company and it can also be used for legal purposes in future i.e. in case of law suit against any party.
promissory note template you can download below helps in Receipt of Note for Collection.
Key elements to include in the Receipt of Note for Collection:
- Name of the person who borrowed money (debtor) with complete address
- Name of the creditor with complete address
- Date when the promissory note was signed by the debtor
- Type of note i.e. promissory note, demand promissory note etc.
- Date when the note was received by the creditor
- Name of the person who received the note on the above said date
- Reference number of the receipt for record purposes
- Date when the receipt for the note is issued
- Signature of the person who received the note and issued the receipt
Here is preview of a Free Sample Receipt of Note for Collection created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Receipt of Note for Collection,
Download Receipt of Note for Collection
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Receipt for Balance of Account When individuals require to inquire their bank accounts and to evaluate how much balance they have in their accounts, they use the receipt for balance of accounts. These receipts are issued by the banks periodically mostly at the start of every month and these receipts serve the purpose […]
- Receipt for Goods to be Delivered There are some situations in which the buyer or a company sends money to the supplier with the purchase order even if there is no delivery of the goods or sales invoice. This is a very common process these days and companies use it to remove any complications and late payments to the […]
- Sample Receipt in Full by an Agent When a person or a company hires a third person to receive or recover cash from the clients or a debtor, this person is known as an agent. This agent represents the company and has all the rights to meet with the debtors or clients and ask them for the money they owe to the company. He […]
- Demand Notice to Pay Promissory Note A promissory note is a written statement by the borrower stating that he in fact borrowed specific amount of money from the creditor and thus he is legally obligated to return the debt when the creditor demands for it either he can afford it or not. This is type of a loan agreement but […]
- Demand Promissory Note Other than going in a bank or loan firm and getting a loan from there, when you get some money from your friend, you don’t need to include any legal help or sign a legal loan agreement but you can use a demand promissory note too. This note includes the names of debtor and creditor along […]
- Partial Payment Receipt Form When a customer doesn’t pay the supplier in full and at once but makes the payments in small installments, these payments are known as partial payments. When a customer makes partial payment, the cash receipt shows that the customer has made the partial payment and there is still some […]
- Assignment of Money Due We can describe money due as some payment that a person owes to another person. In simple words, money due is actually a loan that is borrowed by a person from another person either on personal basis or professional basis. If you owe a couple of dollars to your friend, this is the money […]
- Promissory Note Template A promissory note is a written and sworn statement by the debtor or borrower stating that he in fact borrowed money from the mentioned creditor on the mentioned date and he is legally obligated to repay his debt by signing this note. Some people assume that a promissory note and a loan […]
- Guaranty Note When a person lends money from another person or a firm i.e. bank or Loan Company, he is required to provide some kind of guaranty to ensure the creditor that he will pay back the debt according to the payment schedule. For this purpose, usually a third person or party is involved in the […]