Payment Receipt Form
When a customer orders something from a supplier and makes the payment either before or after receiving the order, the person who received the cash is required to enter the amount in the file and issue a document to the customer that indicates he has paid the supplier in full and now he doesn’t owe anything to the supplier. This particular document that indicates the payment given by the customer and received by the supplier is known as the payment receipt.
There are many reasons why it’s important to issue a payment receipt to the customer but the most important reason is that once the customer receives this receipt, he can claim that he has paid the supplier in full and there is no unpaid amount due on him. Also the supplier can use the reference number of the cash receipt to match and evaluate his financial books i.e. ledgers etc. this receipt also indicates that the customer has received the order and has verified that everything is in place according to his order that he placed with the supplier.
Useful tips for writing a Payment Receipt:
- Use specific names in the receipt:
This is very important that when you prepare cash receipts, you mention specific and full names of the company who is purchasing the items from or the individual who is purchasing on behalf of a company.
- Indicate the name of the person who made the purchase:
In the receipt, indicate the name of the person who made the order and paid you in order to purchase the items from you.
- Carefully indicate the date when the cash is received by you:
You need to include the date when the customer made the order, the date he received the order and the date he make the payment against that order.
- Enlist the entire order with specific items on the receipt:
You are required to include the entire order on the cash receipt with indicating the individual items and number of units of each item that the customer purchased from you.
- Indicate the price of each item and total amount for the purchase:
You need to indicate the price of each item in front of it along with total price of units of each item and lump sum amount of the entire order at the bottom of the purchased items list.
- Indicate how the customer paid you:
Mention specifically how the customer paid you the amount for the order he purchased i.e. cash, check, credit card or debit card.
- Indicate if the customer took the order or it was delivered to him:
Also you need to mention in the cash receipt if the customer came in person and took the order by him or you delivered the order at his doorstep via shipment.
- Sign the receipt and stamp it:
At the end where the total amount of the cash received is entered, sign the receipt and put your official stamp on it.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Payment Receipt Form created as Fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Payment Receipt Form,
Download Payment Receipt Form
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Partial Payment Receipt Form When a customer doesn’t pay the supplier in full and at once but makes the payments in small installments, these payments are known as partial payments. When a customer makes partial payment, the cash receipt shows that the customer has made the partial payment and there is still some […]
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Sample Receipt in Full by an Agent When a person or a company hires a third person to receive or recover cash from the clients or a debtor, this person is known as an agent. This agent represents the company and has all the rights to meet with the debtors or clients and ask them for the money they owe to the company. He […]
- Receipt for Goods to be Delivered There are some situations in which the buyer or a company sends money to the supplier with the purchase order even if there is no delivery of the goods or sales invoice. This is a very common process these days and companies use it to remove any complications and late payments to the […]
- Receipt for Balance of Account When individuals require to inquire their bank accounts and to evaluate how much balance they have in their accounts, they use the receipt for balance of accounts. These receipts are issued by the banks periodically mostly at the start of every month and these receipts serve the purpose […]
- Bank Letter to Stop Payment on a Check There are some situations in which you are required to inform the bank that you have issued a check to someone and now you want the bank not to honor the check when it comes for cash receiving by the individual or check holder. This request is usually done on telephone for urgent basis […]
- Second Notice of Overdue Account When a client or customer doesn’t make the payment to the company in time and the payment is pending for a long period of time, companies treat this kind of account as overdue account. In simple words, a client is required to make full payment before 15th of next month but if the doesn’t […]
- Receipt of Note for Collection – Promissory Note Template A note is kind of an affidavit or written and signed acknowledgment of the fact that the signer owes money to the mentioned creditor in the note and he agrees to pay back his loan on request or demand from the creditor. A note or commonly known as a promissory or demand note serves the […]
- Inspection Demand Form (Corporate Books and Records) When a person, a company or a government department wants to check and inspect the books i.e. ledgers and records of a company, they are required to make a formal request or demand to the owner and the members of board of directors of that company. The key reason of writing this letter […]
- Payment Inquiry Form When companies conduct business with other companies, clients, customers and suppliers, they usually do it on credit which means the buyer receives the order on time but pays the supplier later either in full or small installments. When a company wants to see how much money the clients […]