Partial Payment Receipt Form
When a customer doesn’t pay the supplier in full and at once but makes the payments in small installments, these payments are known as partial payments. When a customer makes partial payment, the cash receipt shows that the customer has made the partial payment and there is still some amount left that he owes to the supplier.
Introduction to the Receipt on Accounts for Partial Payment:
When a customer pays an installment for the money that he owes to the company i.e. supplier or vendor, a receipt is issued to the customer that indicates the total payment, the partial payment made by the customer and remaining amount. If there is a dispute regarding payments in between the customer and supplier, the customer can use the issued cash receipts to prove that he has paid a certain amount to the supplier. Usually when customers make the payments in cash, they request for the cash receipt but other than that when the payment is made with check or credit card, there is no need for such receipt.
Key Elements to include in the Partial Payment Receipt Form:
- Name of the person who purchased from you and made the payment
- Name of the person in your company who received the partial payment
- Date when the partial payment is received by your accounts department
- Details of the order placed by the customer
- Total amount that the customer owed you for his purchase
- Details of the previous payments made by the customer
- Details of the current payment made by the customer
- Method of payment chosen by the customer i.e. cash, check, credit card or debit card
- Remaining payment that the customer still owes you
- Signature of the person who received the payment
Some Common Ways to create Partial Payment Receipt Form:
- Software Receipt:
Most of the time when companies use automatic software programs, these programs have the option of issuing and printing cash received receipt. If your software program has this option, use it to enter the partial amount that you received from your customer, mention the total amount that the customer owed you and the remaining amount after partial payment, print the receipt, sign it and give it to the customer who requested for it.
- Receipt Template:
You can visit your local printing service providers and ask them to print a receipt for your business. Later, you can use this template to fill the name of the person who made the partial payment, amount of payment, details of the purchase, the date when the made the payment, remaining payment that he still owes you and you signature.
- Manual Receipt:
This is the simplest way to create a receipt for partial payment. You just need to use a simple paper and include the above mentioned elements on the paper and you have got yourself good cash received receipt with partial payment mentioned on it.
- Invoice with paid stamp:
You can also use the purchase order invoice that you issued previously to your customer and now that he has returned with the invoice to make the partial payment, include the amount of payment on the receipt and put a partial paid stamp on it.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Partial Payment Receipt Form created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Partial Payment Receipt Form,
Download Partial Payment Receipt Form
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Payment Receipt Form When a customer orders something from a supplier and makes the payment either before or after receiving the order, the person who received the cash is required to enter the amount in the file and issue a document to the customer that indicates he has paid the supplier in full and now he […]
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Receipt for Balance of Account When individuals require to inquire their bank accounts and to evaluate how much balance they have in their accounts, they use the receipt for balance of accounts. These receipts are issued by the banks periodically mostly at the start of every month and these receipts serve the purpose […]
- Sample Receipt in Full by an Agent When a person or a company hires a third person to receive or recover cash from the clients or a debtor, this person is known as an agent. This agent represents the company and has all the rights to meet with the debtors or clients and ask them for the money they owe to the company. He […]
- Payment Inquiry Form When companies conduct business with other companies, clients, customers and suppliers, they usually do it on credit which means the buyer receives the order on time but pays the supplier later either in full or small installments. When a company wants to see how much money the clients […]
- Receipt of Note for Collection – Promissory Note Template A note is kind of an affidavit or written and signed acknowledgment of the fact that the signer owes money to the mentioned creditor in the note and he agrees to pay back his loan on request or demand from the creditor. A note or commonly known as a promissory or demand note serves the […]
- Refused Credit Information Request Letter Credit information is the record of all the activities happening on one’s credit card or credit account. If you use a credit card on daily life, each of the transaction made by you on the credit hard is recorded along with how much you spend each month, how soon or late you make your […]
- Sample Request Letter on Disputed Charges It is not very common but sometimes it happens that when a credit card holder or a credit account holder receives the details of the credit expenses with all transactions, there are some details or charges that the card holder claims he didn’t make. This implies that there is a mistake […]
- Balloon Note Sample A balloon note or balloon loan or balloon mortgage loan is a very special type of loan plan in which you just need to make the periodic installments consisting of the interest rate only and when the loan is matured or expired, you end up with a huge amount of loan capital that you are […]
- Formal Notice to Customer For COD Terms When a supplier doesn’t want to accept the credit terms provided by a customer for an order placed with the supplier, he is required to send the formal notice of COD or Cash-On-Delivery terms to the customer in order to negotiate the payment terms and to verify that the customer and the […]