Mutual Releases Agreement Template
In order to terminate an agreement written and signed between two parties earlier, it is important for both of them to agree to terminate the agreement and return the things as they were before the agreement was signed or the deal was made. In this situation, when each party wants to relief the other party from his obligations and responsibilities, the mutual release agreement is signed between the parties. This agreement then terminates the prior agreements and all types of deals and contracts.
Brief Description of Mutual Releases Agreement:
When two individuals or companies do business together, they always sign some kind of contract or legal agreement in order to make sure that each party respects and rights of the other and fulfills his responsibilities. But, in some cases when the parties decide to terminate the agreement before expiration or after violation of the agreement by a party, the other party decides not to go to the court and settle the dispute without any legal interference. At this point, if both parties agree that they want to settle the dispute out of the court and without involving any law enforcement department, they sit together and try to find some mutual grounds on which they both have benefits and can agree in order to release each other from the agreement obligations and responsibilities. This is where the mutual releases agreement is signed between the parties that want to settle out of the court.
Types of Mutual Releases Agreements:
It depends on situations and scenarios that what kind of mutual release agreement the parties want to use for settlement of their dispute but mostly, there are three common types of mutual release agreements that are used these days including debt cancellation/settlement agreement, lease cancellation/settlement agreement and simple mutual release agreement with out of court settlement. Another common type of mutual release agreement is the employment termination settlement agreement. All of these agreements are suitable for particular purposes and specific situations. For example, the lease settlement agreement is used by landlords in order to terminate the lease contract before expiration and trying to stop the tenant from going in court and filing a case. With this settlement, the landlord may offer the tenants a small decrease in the rent or something like this.
In the same manner, the employment termination settlement agreement is used when a company fires an employee and feels that the employee might file a lawsuit against his wrongful termination. In order to make sure that the employee won’t go in the court, the company signs the mutual release agreement with the employee and offers him some kind of benefit or compensation for his termination i.e. financial compensation, paid vacation or something like that. These agreements are also used when the partners in a company want to terminate the partnership and dissolve the company but without going in the court. This way they can agree on mutual grounds in which everyone gets what he wants and they don’t waste any time by filing a legal settlement by the court.
Here is preview of a Free Sample Mutual Releases Agreement Template created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Mutual Releases Agreement Template,
Download Mutual Releases Agreement Template
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Pre-settlement Real Estate Disclosure Agreement Template When entering in a deal, if either party i.e. buyer or seller wants the other party not to disclose any information or details of the deal until the deal is finalize and a contract is signed between the parties, they sign the disclosure agreement. With the disclosure agreement, both […]
- Debt Re-affirmation Agreement Sample In case you have financial problems or you just want to have a new start, you declare bankruptcy and by declaring that, you free yourself from all the debts and loan payments because with bankruptcy, the court orders your creditors that you can’t pay your debt and they have to consider […]
- Partnership Agreement Template A partnership agreement is a legal contract that is signed between the investors who contributed to start a company and who own ownership rights in the company. This agreement on one hand, legalize the partnership of each partner in the company putting them responsible for the […]
- Disputed Account Settlement Agreement Template When two companies do business together, we can say that one of these partners have an account in the other company. For example, a company hires a supplier for raw material so in this situation we can say that the supplier has an account in the buyer’s company. With this account, the […]
- Unsolicited Idea Acknowledgement Agreement (For Company) When an individual or a group of people contacts a company or organization and present their unique idea in the meeting knowing that the company didn’t contact them or asked to present this idea and they are doing without any demand, it is known as unsolicited idea. In simple words, when […]
- Notice of Rescission When two parties who entered in a contract or agreement previously want to terminate the agreement and go back to the point before signing the contract, they can rescind the agreement. When an agreement is being rescinded, both the parties are informed by the notice of rescission. The […]
- Sample Surety Bond A surety bond is kind of an insurance or guaranty agreement that includes three parties or individuals. The first party is the debtor or the person who owes money or services to another party. The second party is the principal which can be an individual or a company which is secured with […]
- Mortgage Deed Form A deed is a legal document that is signed between a creditor and debtor as insurance or guaranty for the safe and secure return of the loan. On the other hand, a deed in real estate property is a document that indicates towards the actual owner of the property or the new buyer in case of […]
- Mortgage Bond Form A bond is a written agreement between two parties in which a party gives money to the other one and receives a certain amount of interest for every month or once a year and the guaranty of the interest and return of the loan capital is backed with the secure document known as the […]
- Purchase Requirement Agreement When two parties i.e. buyer and vendor/supplier agrees that the buyer will buy as many units as the supplier can supply, they need to enter in a professional and legal contract. This contract keeps the buyer from buying the stuff from any other supplier and it also forces the supplier to […]