A letter, application, formal request or a form that is sent to a supplier or vendor in order to confirm an order that was placed verbally by two individuals before is known as the confirmation letter of verbal order. This letter is sent by the person or the company that placed the order to the vendor or supplier that will provide the order to the company along with the details of when the order was placed and details of the order i.e. items or goods that the company ordered with the vendor.
Importance of Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order:
It is very common in business and trading world that sometimes two companies make a deal verbally and don’t write anything to make it official. This can be done and there is nothing wrong with it but there are some chances that when there is no documented proof of the order placed with the vendor, the supplier misplaces the order to send wrong items or charge more than he agreed in the verbal conversation. That is why the confirmation letter to verbal order is sent by the company to the vendor or supplier in order to remind him about the order and make it official.
This way if the supplier doesn’t agree to the terms of the order, he can negotiate it with the company before shipping the order. As a business owner or a supplier, you can understand that if an order is placed orally, it can’t be challenged in case of a dispute i.e. if the buyer backs out and denies paying for the order or if the supplier wants to increase the price of the goods. This is why it is important to make the order formal and legal by issuing this confirmation letter of verbal order.
Some useful tips for writing Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order:
Before writing the confirmation letter, make sure that the employee or in charge of purchase in your company did make the order on telephone. Before you start writing the letter, gather all the details and information that you need to include in the letter. It is better that before writing the actual letter, you make a rough draft just to make sure that you have included everything required and then make the original draft. You can write this letter on anything but it is better if you use company letter head in order to make it official.
It is important that you know who will receive Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order so that you can properly address the reader in the letter. If it’s not possible to know that, just make it general and don’t address to any specific person in the supplying company. Always mention the name of the individuals who talked and made the deal. It includes the person who placed the order and the person who received or entered the order in record. Make a separate section to include the details of the order that was placed before along with the payment details and rates for the items or goods in the order
Here is preview of a Free Fillable Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order,
Note: The green buttons at the header will not appear in print. They are placed just to help you clear, store or retrieve stored data quickly.
Here is download link for this Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order,
Download Confirmation Letter for Verbal Order
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Letter of Exceptions to Purchase Order When a company feels the need to change an order that was placed earlier with a supplier, they write the exceptions to purchase order letter to the supplier. This is a formal request letter that is sent by the buyer to the supplier in order to inform him about the changes made to the […]
- Delivery Demand Letter People consider the demand for delivery letter in many ways and it can be used for more than one purpose. For example, you can use this letter to place an order for the items or goods that haven’t arrived at the store yet or you can send this notice to the supplier reminding him about […]
- Damaged Goods Acceptance Notice The title of this notice letter may be confusing for you because as a domestic customer, you always want to receive the goods and items that are fully operational and not defective at all but this rule doesn’t apply in the business world all the time. Companies return the defective goods […]
- Credit Interchange Request Letter When two companies exchange information about an individual’s credit history and habits or a corporation’s credit history in order to evaluate their worth and analysis, this process is known as the credit interchange. There are many credit information companies around the world that keep […]
- Bill of Sale Form Bill of sale is also referred to the official and legal form or letter of purchase and sale of an item. This can be anything from a vehicle or a company or shares in the stock exchange. When a person sells something to a buyer, they both sign this bill of sale form in order to make the […]
- Cash Payment Receipt Template A cash receipt is a documented proof of cash inflow or outflow from a company to a customer or supplier. This is a simple document that shows the proof of cash transaction. There are many elements included it the cash receipt but the most important items include; names of both parties, […]
- Return Goods Authorization Form Template An Return Goods Authorization Letter is also known as the RMA or return merchandize authorization letter. This is a formal application to the vendor or supplier in order to ask him to take the goods back and either refund the money or replace the goods. In some cases, companies also ask […]
- Bulk Sales Affidavit Form Bulk sales affidavit is very similar to the bill of sale form and they serve the same key purpose but still there is some difference in there. A bill of sale form is used for selling and buying common items i.e. vehicles, property, merchandizes and other items but the bulk sale affidavit […]
- Corporation Certificate Template (For Fictitious or Assumed Name) When a company or corporation wants to conduct or run a business under fictitious or assumed name, they are required to make an official request in the local trading department or government department and ask them to allow them using an assumed name for their business. This formal […]
- Bank Letter to Stop Payment on a Check There are some situations in which you are required to inform the bank that you have issued a check to someone and now you want the bank not to honor the check when it comes for cash receiving by the individual or check holder. This request is usually done on telephone for urgent basis […]