Assignment of Damage Claim
When a certain type of damage is caused by an individual, a company or a department, the person who got the damage on his property or health, has the right to file a case against the person who caused the damage and demand a claim for the loss of personal property or anything else. For example, a driver can’t control his vehicle and smashes into another car parked at side of the road. Now the driver of the other car has the legal right to file a complaint against the first driver and ask him to pay for the damage he caused to the vehicle. This process is known as damage claim.
Introduction to the Assignment of Damage Claim:
Usually when it comes to damage claims, people who file the claim in the court, receive the money in return but there are some particular situations in which the actual claimer can’t receive the claim and he gives the rights to receive the claim to a third person i.e. spouse, friend or relative. This process in which the claim rights are transferred to a third person and the actual claimer, new claimer and the other party agrees to this process is known as assignment of damage claim. Assignment of damage claim is actually an agreement on which the involved parties sign and agree to the terms and conditions of the contract.
Brief description of Assignment of Damage Claim:
It may be difficult for you to understand that why on earth a person wants another person to receive the compensation he claimed for the damage caused to him by the compensator but there are many situations in which the actual claimer has to assign rights of the claim to another person. For example, the actual claimer can’t wait until the compensator has agreed and he has to get the money of the claim from another person who will act on behalf of the actual claimer and get money from the compensator. Another situation is that the claimer is too old and can’t go through the trouble of filing the case and going to court hearings so he hires another party to give him his claim and get the claim money from the compensator by using the assignment of damage claim.
Key elements to include in the Assignment of Damage Claim:
- Name of the person who filed the claim i.e. claimer with complete address
- Name of the person who will give the claim to the claimer with complete address
- Name of the third party who will receive the claim on behalf of actual claimer with complete address
- Date when the assignment of damage claim is being signed
- Details of the damage caused by the other person with particulars i.e. type of damage, cause of damage, amount of damage
- Details of the payment that the other party will give to the claimer as compensation for the damage
- Reasons for assigning the damage claim to a third party (if applicable)
- Date or time frame in which the party is asked to make the payment for the compensation
- Signature of all parties that are involved in this assignment process
Here is preview of a free sample Assignment of Damage Claim created as fillable PDF Form,
Here is download link for this Assignment of Damage Claim,
Download Assignment of Damage Claim
Related Fillable PDF Forms
- Final Notice Before Legal Action If you are having a dispute related to anything with someone and the agreement you both signed allows you to take legal action against the other party, probably it’s still not the good time to involve a court in the matter and you should try one last time to resolve the matter without […]
- Assignment Consent Notice Consent is a written statement by a person who is either accepting something or making something valid. For example, you want to sell your car and in order to do so, you are asked to sign a consent form that indicates you have decided to sell your vehicle and you have received financial […]
- Notice of Rescission When two parties who entered in a contract or agreement previously want to terminate the agreement and go back to the point before signing the contract, they can rescind the agreement. When an agreement is being rescinded, both the parties are informed by the notice of rescission. The […]
- Breach of Contract Notice Sample A contract is a written and signed agreement between two parties or companies in order to make sure that both the parties stick to the agreed plans and fulfill the requirements and expectations of the other party. The key purpose of signing a contract is to make sure that no party faces […]
- Payment Default Notice When a person gets loan or mortgage loan for residential property, he agrees to make periodic installments to the Loan Company or bank with interest rate. If some how he can’t make the loan installments on time, he is known as the default in payment.
Introduction to the Payment […]
- Claim Acceptance Letter A claim is typically a demand or request from someone who thinks that the person on the other hand of the demand owes him something i.e. in case of a damage caused by the other person. For example, a person damages your car and you send him a claim letter in which you request him to pay […]
- Presentment of Payment Letter (Demand by Mail) When a client or customer owes money to a company i.e. supplier, the creditor or the person who wants the money or payment has the legal responsibility of informing the client about his late or overdue payment. This job is done with the presentment of payment demand letter. Usually […]
- Second Notice of Overdue Account When a client or customer doesn’t make the payment to the company in time and the payment is pending for a long period of time, companies treat this kind of account as overdue account. In simple words, a client is required to make full payment before 15th of next month but if the doesn’t […]
- Sample Notice of Default ( By Assignee To Obligor) When a debtor or borrower can’t or doesn’t pay the debt on time to the creditor, the creditor has the right to declare the debtor as defaulter. This mostly happens in mortgage loan processes when a person gets mortgage loan on a property and when he doesn’t pay the loan installments on […]
- Notice of Default in Promissory Note When a person borrows money from a lender, he agrees to return the debt in a specific period of time or in a specific manner i.e. short monthly installments and signs a promissory note that states he owes certain amount of money and the creditor has the right to collect the debt by all […]